Middle and High School Program
Middle School Program
This is a five-year program that is a challenging framework encouraging students aged 11 to 16 to make practical connections between their studies and the real world, preparing them for success in further study and life.
It empowers students to inquire into a wide range of issues and ideas of significance locally, nationally, and globally. The result is young people who are creative, critical, and reflective thinkers.
Assessments are ongoing and varied using a range of strategies and tools to assess student learning. Emphasis is placed on the importance of analyzing assessment data to inform teaching and learning, and on recognizing that students benefit by learning how to assess their work and the work of others.
Students participating in the program:
- build confidence in managing their learning
- learn by doing, connecting the classroom to the larger world
- thrive in positive school cultures where they are engaged and motivated to excel
- develop an understanding of global challenges and a commitment to act as responsible citizens
- think critically and solve complex problems
• based on inquiry
• focused on conceptual understanding
• developed in local and global contexts
• focused on effective teamwork and collaboration
• designed to remove barriers to learning
• informed by assessment
- Language and Literature (English)
- Language and Literature (Arabic)
- Language Acquisition (World Language)
- Arts (Performing and Visual Arts)
- Individuals and societies
- World language
- Visual and performing arts
- Design technology
Curriculum High School:
Tentative opening in 2023-2024
• have excellent breadth and depth of knowledge
• flourish physically, intellectually, emotionally, and ethically
• excel in traditional academic subjects
As a result of their time, students develop:
• time management skills and a strong sense of self-motivation
• a keen interest in civic engagement
• notable academic ability
• strong research and writing skills
• critical thinking abilities
• an international outlook
Assessment are ongoing and varied using a range of strategies and tools to assess student learning. Emphasis is placed on the importance of analyzing assessment data to inform teaching and learning, and on recognizing that students benefit by learning how to assess their work and the work of others.
These assessments require students to demonstrate higher order thinking rather than simple, factual recall. Community service and individual research are program requirements that enhance college admissions consideration.